TC program hosting: Was: Helllp =) making my first coil

Chris,

Wintesla ran into an issue with this some time back. We ended up with old
versions floating around.

I personally have issues with this. For JavaTC, I want a central location
of which I can update new and
improved versions as the need arises (that central location is my server).
If others start hosting these
fluid programs, then the likelyhood of several different versions showing
up out there becomes a real
problem for the programmer and the users. In my opinion (being on the
programmers side) I wouldn't want
JavaTC anywhere else except where I have full, complete, and sole control.

I think a better route to take is to have a central location of links to
the program sites. The integrity of
the program is then maintained. Obviously, not all programs fall under this
umbrella (they are static and
would be ok to host). There are other reasons beyond this. Ah, here's an
example => JavaTC has a Coil ID
function where a coiler can go to the site, type in his coil ID, and have
JavaTC load all the input values.
This database requires a pretty high maintenance on my part, but I think
it's a nice feature for coilers.
Not everyone uses it, but many do. This would be impossible to maintain if
hosted elsewhere.

Just food for thought.
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>