Re: Send a Franceformer to NZ. was; To set the record straight

Hi Ken,

On 10 Oct 2002, at 16:57, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

> Do neon signs not exist in New Zealand I don't understand why one would ship
> a tranformer around the world.
>
> KEN

The problem is not obtaining *a* transformer, the problem is
obtaining *the* transformer that allows one to qualify for entry into
this contest, such as it is. I still fail to see why a 5kV/30
shouldn't fit the bill. The VA rating is almost identical to the
modified 4kV/20 (which now becomes 4kV/42 or thereabouts). I suggest
a bit more study of the theory to anyone who thinks I gain a
significant advantage with my transformer. An optimum coil can be
designed for either, peeling away component dependencies and leaving
1.7*SQRT(VA) sitting in all its glory.

Regards,
Malcolm