cap question

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Ive been working on my 2x 811A tube coil for a few days now, and a thought
crossed my mind.  I am using these russian caps for my primary cap.  They
are 470pf at 20kvdc and rated 60kvar.  I have 2 in parallel.  Some one said
that these are good at RF work, so i bought them.  But my 2 811A's are only
making 6" of sparks after trying everything (coulpling with primary, grid
coils, grid leak resistance...).  So im questionable about these caps.  They
are very large (4" diameter x 1" thick), and use 1/4" bolts for connections.
  They seem ok because they always run cold, so i would think that they
arent dissipating power.  But my coil seems rather lousey.  The sparks from
the coil are really thick though...  So what do you all think?  I would
really like to get my hands on a .002uf TDK doorknob, since i know that
these are good.  Anyone have any suitable caps in the range of .001-.002 at
10kv or better?  Thanks guys.

Steve Ward.