Re: Corona breakout voltages?

>> Does frequency effect this relationship?

	Yes.  At least according to Peek.
	(older data, but carefully done.)

> There is this well known formula for corona of 3MV per

> meter of radius.  If I have a 1 meter radius sphere, I

> can put 3,000,000 volts on it before corona breaks out.
>	Is that a _complete_ formula, or one that has

	been oversimplified?

	Commonly, formulas get oversimplified for
	publication: they may apply nicely across a
	portion of the range, less well across smaller
	(larger) radii and voltages.  What Peek derives is
	a deal more complex....

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...