Re: New Spiderweb Primary/OK to use Flat spiral Formulae?

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Ken,
The spiderweb primary is a design of my own
based on antique spiderweb coils used in crystal radio sets; they use a
radially slotted former with uneven number of equally spaceed slots
upon which magnet wire is secured
passing over and under the board.

Traditionally, spiderwebs use insulated wire
but by replacing the slots with rows of holes instead, it is possible to
wind a spiderweb coil with bare wire (as I have done).

my ref on spiderweb coil design:-

http://home.t-online.de/home/gollum/hcoils.htm

my ref on official formula for spiderweb coil inductance:-

http://www.midnightscience-dot-com/_xtal/00000300.htm

I hope to posting a picture of it on the mailing list soon

Jolyon.