Re: Higher Pri. Voltage

John,

Theoretically speaking, a higher voltage transformer should give
better efficiency because of lower gap losses.  You don't want
to go so high in voltage that corona losses become a problem
however.  I'm not sure you'll see much difference though.  It would
be only a matter of a few percent.

I've never heard and I don't agree that a lower kV transformer with
higher mA gives longer sparks, if the total power input is the same.

John