Non ballasting a pig?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <network-at-neXband-dot-com>

Hello list,
   I've been following some posts where ppl are talking about what it
takes to ballast a pig and was wondering this...

I recently installed a new breaker box(200amp) in my house in which I
reserved a 100amp 240v breaker for my shop.  Is it possible that this
would be enough to power my 7.5kva pig without ballasts?  If I still need
to, would one 3000w heater element be enough even though it's lossy?  I'm
not fortunate enough to have a stick welder, just a wire welder and the
water heater element is handy;)

Thanks,
Gregg Adams