Re: general cap questions

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

>What are farads? I know that they are a measure of capacitance, but what does
>that mean? Is that how often they discharge, how much voltage they can
take, or
>what?
>Thanks
>Adam

Hi Adam ...

if Im not mistaken..   a Farad is = to a coulomb of electrons ..
 something in the nature of 1 X 10 to the 23rd power

Im old and my memory is failing  so read the other replys ...   mine my
be wrong..

Scot D