Re: reading high voltage

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Well, you shouldn't be looking for a multimeter, because they do not make
multimeter themselves that read high voltage.
What you need instead is a high voltage probe that hooks up to your meter.
Or a high voltage divider.
You could even build a high voltage divider yourself

Dan