Re: general cap questions

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/20/02 9:51:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> > Adam,
> > Bro---I found this in about 3 seconds. There are scads of electronics
> basics
> > on the internet.
> > Dave H
>
> That link has by far the most meaningless "definition" of Farad possible.
>
> KEN

Hi Ken, Adam, et.al.
If the most basic, fundamental definitions used in TC work really seem
meaningless or confusing, perhaps I could recommend an excellent high school
level physics text, such as:
"Basic Physics" by Dr. Alexander Efron, John F. Rider Pub., NY 1957, especially
Chapter 17 on Electrostatics. It has many good, clear simple illustrations and
is written at a Flesch-Kincade level of 8.8 - 9.2.

Cheers,
Matt D.
PS "Doc Ef" was also a good teacher)