From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 11:20 PM
Subject: RE: Wintesla, TCCAD and my poor results.

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

> Mark -
>
> I checked your coil parameters with the JHCTES program and the program
shows
> almost the same spark length as Wintesla. The reason you are not getting
> this result is because Tesla coil spark lengths are magic numbers. Only
> certain coilers can get this type of output. The spark length depends not
> only on the parameters of the program but also on other conditions. These
> conditions vary with the skill of the builder and also on other variables
> that cannot be incorporated in a TC program.
>
> John Couture
&
What kind of main gap are you using? I would bet if you try a simple air
blast type you will see all of 26 inch and more!!
See my simple gap here-
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/firstlight.html
Scroll down to see the refined air blast gap, which has proven to be the
best so far.

Jim L