Re: variacs in series

Fox,

19.9kV will work fine.  I prefer higher voltages up to a point.
If I had a choice, I'd use 19.9kV rather than 14.4kV.  There will be
little difference in the practical world however.  Many coils have
been built that run at around 20kV.  These higher voltages are
excellent for use with series-quenching rotaries.

John