Re: Variable capacitor

Original poster: "gmay38 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gmay38-at-cox-dot-net>

 Original poster: "Christopher \"CajunCoiler\" Mayeux by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

 I'd considered the balloon approach as well, but then I realized that one
 would also need to have control of the pressure, so as to not over
inflate.
 I could just imagine what would go on in there, if a balloon popped inside
 a saltwater cap... could get messy.  There's also the monetary factor... a
 device to properly inflate/deflate and regulate, might be just a tad
outside
 of the confines of the average coiling budget.
 ... and so, insulative object on threaded plastic rod was the better
choice,
 being simple, and cheap.