Re: Sig gen and o-scopes

Hi John,

A scope and signal generator are super useful!!!!

I have been working on a lot of old equipment lately.

Connectors and knobs seem to oxidize and need to be "worked" back and forth a
lot to clean the surfaces and get them working fine again.  Line cords and
general cleaning seem to be the norm.  But high quality equipment seems to work
fine despite 25 years aside from the above.  If they say it is excellent or
good working order, it is probably fine.  Anything that needs the slightest
hint of repair, I would avoid.

For Tesla coil work, a simple cheap 20MHz scope is fine.  You can get old TEK
6015 40kV probes for a song, but just a simple wire antenna does most things.
Any scope can generally accept any probe.

Cheers,

        Terry