Re: WinTesla Equations Version 5.5

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com>

Not to give you more work D.C. but a true DOE (design of experiment) would call
for isolating all but one variable at a time.  I'd like to be there when you
did this to participate, but here's a few things to think about when you do.

The items that I would claim affect the initial gap breakdown voltage are:
- The gap size of course
- The size and shape of the electrodes (charge density)
- The surface finish (cleanliness) of the electrodes
- The temperature of the electrodes  (resistance)
- The "air" quality which includes:
     -  The air temperature
     -  The air pressure
     -  The air ionization
     -  The relative humidity
- And probably some other stuff - like oxygen to nitrogen ratio, etc.

Since you just want to focus on gap spacing, my suggestion would be to clean
the gaps before each test and allow enough time for the electrodes to cool down
between tests and for any ionization to disipate.  If you have a way to record
the other items it would also be useful.

Have fun....

Scott