ULTEM cap dielectric

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hello all,

In the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, I found a chart on breakdown
voltages for various materials.  Ultem had a breakdown voltage of
400-500KV/mm, second place went to Kapton at about 375-450KV/mm. This is
from memory, so the ranges may be a little off, but they were in the
vicinity that I list.  Ultem is a GE plastic.  GE does make a film listed
as ULTEM 1000.  I do not have all the details yet on this material.  If
this material has low RF losses, this stuff could make excellent high
voltage pulse caps.

David E Weiss