Re: 6" Coil Problems - OH MY GOD!!!!! - Second REAL light

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello everyone,

       My heart rate is still 2X resting rate :-D))  We (My dad and I) just
ran the coil, with no filter, just safety gaps and power resistors. I had to
have come close to

1.7*sqrt(720) = 42"

with a 12/60!!!  Everything was maxed out!!! Primary tuned at its extreme,
spark gap on the last setting!!!  I admit, even I was a bit scared!!  I am
beginning to wonder If an SRSG would really do any good?! The coil was
hitting everything grounded in its reach! A few times, It hit a metal rod
above it, and sparks came off the other end of the rod, over 6 feet away!

So my filter must have been causing the problems. But why? Tomorrow or this
weekend, I will take some pictures and give some details about my filter, to
see if I can properly replace it.

Also tomorrow, I will make some MPEG videos, and capture some still images
from the video I took...

Well I would like to thank everyone here on the list. You all have helped a
great deal. My 6" Coil truely works.  :-D

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon           -    P.S. I will never have to worry
about a breakout
                                                       point with this coil
again!!