Re: Digital Camera recommendations for coil photos

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Dave,

I use a SONY digital8 handycam vidio camera for my
coil shots.  It has a still photo capture feature
which also grabs 5 seconds of audio (rather useless
feature).  The CCD on this camera is extremely
infrared sensitive (it also has a "nightshot" function
which records in 0 lux) so it makes the streamers look
even fatter and brighter than they really are.  This
makes for some impressive photos, but I kind of wish I
had something else that could photograph the arcs as
they really are.  You can see the SONY digital8 video
grabs on my website:

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/brett

-Brett