Re: jet powered coil

>>Almost impossible at 50,000 RPM.  IIR:
>>Fout == (2(p)(rpm))/60
>>where p is the number of poles.  2 being the smallest:
>>Fout ==(2*2*50,000)/60 ==200,000/60 == 3,333 Hz

>>>I'm wondering if it would be a hassle for a spark gap design,
>
>>Be hard to find power transformers at 3,333 Hz.
>>  If attempting a sync gap, that will be even harder.
>>(ACTUALLY, there is an Interesting approach here:
>>Put the gap on the alternator shaft and 'poooof'
>>its synchronous....  But I'd try it at 60 Hz, rather
>>than 3,333 Hz)

> Or, make a coil resonant at that frequency.. high frequency

> alternators were one way in which Tesla got his sources for HV
	Those alternators turned at 'normal' speeds: got the

	'high' freq by using many poles, and were relatively
	inefficient.
	Later, others (Alexanderson, Fessenden) pushed
	freqs up to the 100s KHz, by Very trick techniques,
	and by sacrificing efficiency.  (I've a LOVELY
	GE manual on one of theirs... Again, these were
	spun at relatively low RPM, tho higher than usual.)

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge