RE: motor run caps

Original poster: "Mike Veldman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vmike-at-email.ceat.okstate.edu>

>formula to work out the size of the cap required?

The values I've used for many years to calculate motor caps from are:
60mf/HP for start, and 28mf/HP for run.  You can run a little high on the
start cap without any heating problems.  Your motor caculates to a 1.2mf
which I've never seen, I'd use a 1.5mf which is available, but more likely
a 2mf because they're common.
mike