Re: JavaTC and ETesla6 Questions

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

You're right. I missed that. JavaTC gives me Cself of
32.74. I've seen two formulas for calculating Cself.
One gives me 23.6, while the other gives 31.22. The
second formula is pretty horrendous, and uses an H/D
factor. Apparently JavaTC uses something similar to
the latter formula.

In my last coil, this made little difference, since I
had a fairly low H/D. This proposed coil has a much
higher H/D.

Which formula is more accurate?

Adam

=====