Re: Anyone use MMC's with their pole transformers???????????

In a message dated 9/2/02 10:31:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Actually, not potential transformers are in a class of their own.  Also,
> what the heck is a pole pig?  They are either distribution transformers or
> pole transformers.  Pole pig is an expression which irritates me at least if
> not more than those who use the terms "muf" and "puf" for microfarads and
> picofarads.

Dan,

You're likely to encounter much irritation then, because the
term "pole pig" or just "pig" is very common on the list.  I happen
to like the term BTW.  It's all part of the fun.  One
can say they "roasted their pig", or that their "pig weighs
240 lbs", or that their "pig is strong", etc.  Any non-Tesla
folks who heard this would think the pig in question was the type that
gets sliced into hams and porkchops   :)

John