Re: Anyone use MMC's with their pole transformers???????????

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Dan,
>
> You're likely to encounter much irritation then, because the
> term "pole pig" or just "pig" is very common on the list.  I happen
> to like the term BTW.  It's all part of the fun.  One
> can say they "roasted their pig", or that their "pig weighs
> 240 lbs", or that their "pig is strong", etc.  Any non-Tesla
> folks who heard this would think the pig in question was the type that
> gets sliced into hams and porkchops   :)
>
> John

John,

Or we could have some fun at your expense posthumously if you are
killed by your "pig"!

I also dislike the term and think that pole transformers deserve the
respect of being called by the proper name, distribution transformer
works for me too.

Perhaps if they were, some of the newbies to the hobby would take them
a little more seriously than they seem to now and there would be a
less worry about which one of them was going to kill themselves first.
Part of the fun? Pole transformers can be anything but fun in
inexperienced hands!

Just my $.02

Ed Wingate RATCB