Re: Toroids from Foam

> I once tried PVA and found it to be hopeless - it stays wet in places
> not exposed to air or a wooden surface. The stuff I use is a contact
> adhesive known as "Styrobond" and specially formulated for the
> purpose.
>
> Regards,
> malcolm
>
> > I've tried painting shaped foam toroids before covering as well - just with
> > plain acrylic undercoat or something, and it seemed to work quite well in
> > flattening the fuzz caused by sanding, and gives a smoother surface for
> > sticking the covering on.
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > Mike
> > Wellington, NZ

	These days model airplane builders use foam for wing cores, and I'm
sure that a visit to a model shop would produce some useful foam
adhesives (and perhaps surface finishes), albeit at perhaps inflated
prices.  "In the good old days" we used "white glue", which indeed took
a very long time to harden.  That was overcoated with epoxy resin (Epon
828? Can't remember) which didn't attack the styrofoam through the white
glue.

Ed