Evidence of Resourcefulness and Value of the Tesla List

Original poster: "Dan by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Folks,
This is a testimonial to resourcefulness and the Value
of this List. I hope the dedication mentioned in this
email helps those looking for parts also.

BTW exactly a month later, I'm still waiting on the
guy next door with the big variacs. Who knows when
he'll be cleaning house and letting go of those
variacs he promised me. Anyway I can't afford to wait
on "promises".

Well a while back someone on this list mentioned
hamfests as a source for used variacs. So I scoured
the internet for hamfests, webpages, and local hams. I
called a half a dozen of them. ONE guy who called me
back said he'd scout the hamfests for me as he
traveled the country going to them.

He got back from a hamfest in NC after a few months of
searching for me and said he got me a 10A variac for
$35. It sounds like a good deal and I doubt he picked
up a hunk of junk. From talking to him he sounds like
he's a veteran and knows his stuff.

This just goes to show you that if you want something
bad enough and have patience things will come your
way. I'm pretty psyched, I'm picking it up after work
today.

Getting closer.........
Dan--Ft. Lauderdale

_