RE: OLTC update - primary IGBT loss

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Hi Terry:

While primary circuit Q has always been viewed as important, I recall many
considered opinions suggesting that secondary Q was not so critical.
Suggestions were made to wind secondaries with Litz wire, and the
prevailing response was that secondary losses (in disruptive coils) were
not worth fretting over.  Please help me to reconcile this with your
secondary situation.  Is your secondary just outrageously more lossy than a
typical secondary coil?

Thanks, Gary Lau
MA, USA