RE: EMI filtration Questions

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

>I wonder if commerical filters are of any real-world benefit at all. I'm
>sure someone has studied this--scoped the AC mains, for example. I've never
>used a commerical filter so I don't know.

I have seen the benefits of a well-placed commercial filter: my condo
neighbor had problems with electronic gear. While I would operate the
coil, every manner of device would act up, from his cable box and
clordless phone to his alarm clock. After I added a mains filter
grounded to the RF ground, I asked him to check his appliances. The
only remaining effect was a slight bit of hash on his television
picture.

The trouble I went to was minimal and it made the neighbors happy.

Gregory
--
"Without ZIM, I am lost."
GeekID#-1229