RE: Anyone interested in BULK PURCHASE of 0.150uF, 3kVDC MMC Capacitors

Hi Dave,

I guess since the GE caps are 3000V instead of 2000V they "may" do better.
But it takes a ton of study and testing to be sure.  I think the "beef" in
an MMC is pretty proportional to the weight.  A power dissipation per pound
thing that no specific manufacturer can cross.  They all buy their poly
films from the same place...  Current kills MMCs not voltage.  I would
stick with the Geeks's chart and stay safe and sound...

Cheers,

	Terry

At 11:07 PM 9/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Terry,
>Yes--thanks, I knew there was such a valuable chart out there but couldn't
>rememeber where I had seen it.
>Dave
>

>Hi,
>
>The 2000V 0.33uF  42L3332  is a known good cap.  No reason why this cap
>mentioned here should not work fine.
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/good-bad.txt
>
>Cheers,
>
>	Terry
>

>At 08:47 PM 9/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>Al---
>>Yes, is the 42L series proven for Tesla duty? I certainly think that should
>>be ascertained before commiting to such a large purchase.
>>Dave Hartwick
>>
>>Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
>><tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>
>>
>>Hi Dan
>>If you have one available a link to the Mfr Spec sheet could well be useful
>>Rgds
>>Ted L

>>> Dan