Pre-Treatment for Sonotubes for Secondary Coils? ? ?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

I'm planning winding my next secondary coil on a Quicktube (Sonotube).  The
tube is 10 inch in diameter, made of cardboard, and coated on the inside.  I
see that a lot of people have been using these tubes (including Ed Wingate)
and was wondering what type, if any, preparations are made prior to winding
these things.  (Should I coat with polyurethane etc...)

Thanks again.

"Captain Corona"