Re: Anyone ever successful with Ball Lightning generation here. . . .

Tesla list wrote:

> Hi Captain,
>
> I too watch the ball lightning subject.  Lots of cheap talk, but so far
> those that have demonstrated solid reproducible ball lightning are...
None ;-)

> The number solid reproducible ball lightning experiments/demonstrations
> remains at a very solid "zero"...  A few folks have attempted to reproduce
> the Corum's ball lightning work but without successes and some bitterness.
>
> I had an idea many moons ago that I was going to explore, but as I write
> this I seem to have total forgotten what it was 0:-)
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Terry

	About 20 years ago Mike Mideke (never active in this group) send me
some pictures of discharges from a small OBIT-powered TC.  He put a
small piece of rubber insulation on the top terminal (not a toroid in
those days) and set fire to it.  Some interesting "ball like things"
were visible, but neither of us considered them as examples of the balls
which Tesla described. I'm convinced that if he did get them, it was in
connection with heavy smoke of some kind.

	I think I remember reading reports here from other guys who did
something similar.  It would be simple to try if one could put up with
the lingering odor.

Ed

Ed