Re: Anyone ever successful with Ball Lightning generationhere. . . .

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

<SNIP>

>         Although some would call it blasphemy, I've always felt that Tesla's
> description and explanation of whatever he saw didn't make much sense.
> With the power guys are running now anything he saw should have been
> seen again.
>
> Ed

Ed and all,

Maybe... maybe not. The best magnet wire available to Tesla used cotton,
silk, paper, or gutta percha as insulating media - all materials with a
high carbon content, and all flammable. There's tantalizing evidence
that carbonaceous materials are usually associated with the formation of
Ball Lightning. Or maybe flash-overs easily turned into fire balls when
the insulating materials caught fire... :^)

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman