Re: Where to put the coil guts

Jim,

The tank capacitors and the spark gap should be close to the coil,
to keep losses low (but not too close).  The power transformer can
be far away.

Despite what I just said above, the tank caps and spark gap could
probably be located at some distance (10 feet away for example),
and it probably wouldn't make much or any difference in the
performance, esp if thick cables are used.

John