Re: pre planning...Re: Requiem for a Piglet: I am a murderer

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Dave, All

I heartly agree with this comment.  My PT's in my 10kVA controller
were checked for the following parameters:
turns ratio, L, R, Vdrop at nameplate, Vdrop at %baseload to 250%
Full Power Test by voltage buck methodology.
Results of this testing was posted 2-3 years ago.  Performed
same testing on wattmeter, and resistance/impedance ballast
system.  Tests are reproduceable, and if a shift is found will
indicate cause of system problems.  Even MMC's should
be tested by LCR and DC high pot leakage I at various Vinputs.

There are a lot of reasons (complancency leading the pack) why
we don't perform these tests, but it is critical especially on new
systems to establish a  _baseline_ , to determine trends, equipment
wear, or impending failure... based on facts, not hand waving
or opinions.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chestefield, VA. USA