Flyback Trans.

Original poster: "Tim Flood by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tflood-at-stllabs-dot-com>

I have two, small aluminum boxes covered on their top surface with a reddish
potting material. Mounted above this material on a separate plate are two
flyback transformers. One of these has a 2 1/2" potted winding while the other
has small, exposed windings. There are quite a few wires coming out of both
flybacks. I'm guessing the aluminum box contains the power transformer?

I don't want to try and power these up for fear of frying them. I'll be glad to
send one of these units to someone on the list to keep for their own use if
they'll educate me on how to properly power it up and tap into the HV output.

Anyone interested?

Thanks for your help,

Tim Flood