Biggg Coil hits 26 feet

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kreld-at-juno-dot-com>

Hey all

  A few improvments to the Biggg Coil lately added some footage to the
spark.  The total height of the Coil is now 16 feet tall.  I now have
fewer ground strikes and more horizontal reaching sparks.   The Coil now
tags the corner of the shop REGULARY at 26.5 feet as measured on this
windless night of 9/10/2002.   A 7 stack of 1256 variacs have helped in
ballasting the current.

Whats next?  I am out of spark gap phase control  adjusment due to the
variacs causing enough phase shift to the pig's inputs.  Time to update
the sync. rotory for more phase control movement, then try the
performance again.

Looking for those 30 foot sparks.

Coiling in Biggg Oklahoma.

Kevin E.