Re: El Supremo

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

what is the point of doing it like this? if i understand right, all the energy
comes from the capacitor,  and you could just leave the switches on like the
oltc. in "El Supremo" i think you could call the decline in power a side effect
also, but if it is desirable in spark gap tcs then it should be desirable if
you do it on purpose. i dont think it matters  too much what the power/time
profile looks like during the bang, but i think low duty cycle and consequently
quicker ring ups, help alot.

im not sure what you are saying, but the primary energy takes a finate time to
transfer to the secondary. the energy in the primary looks like a cosine wave
until quenched. if you are talking about the secondary voltage after the spark
gap quenches, then that would be true, however i dont see the relevance of
that.

 Tesla list