PVC DUCT PIPE - ONLINE ORDERING: Was Re: big secondary coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

 Actually, Robert, Greg built his a long time ago (in TCML terms).. I'm the
> one looking for good ideas now.
>
> I called my local pipe supplier, but large diameter( >16") plastic pipe is
> pretty pricey (hundreds of dollars for 3 8 foot pieces) even for "non
> pressure rated" SDR.  I haven't checked pricing on PVC ducting, which has
> thinner walls and might be cheaper.

If you are interested in PVC Duct pipe,
www.usplastic-dot-com  sells PVC Duct pipe up to 24" in diameter in 10 foot
standard lengths and will deliver.

24" - $390 for 10 foot length
20" - $280 for 10 foot length
18" - $300 for 10 foot length
16" - $220 for 10 foot length
14" - $191 for 10 foot length
12" - $150 for 10 foot length

It still is pretty expensive, but for large coils, the price for this type
of secondary is probably only a very small fraction of what the total cost
of such a large coil is.

Dan

Also, that pipe gets pretty heavy, even
> in thin wall.  A single or two plys of fiberglass is going to be striffer
> and lighter than bulk PVC.
>
> The sonotube is just a cheap circular form.

<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"