Odd coil design

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi again,

	I bought a big spool of 12AWG magnet wire, and thought:  What if I
wound a secondary with this???  I'd only get a few hundred turns on a
coil, but the Q should be quite high.  Pair this with a big fat primary
of 1 or 2 turns (with high coupling), and a -VERY- beefy MMC (or other
pulse cap), and things might get interesting :-)))).  Terry's paralleled
turns might work here to get the coupling up.

	I heard of somebody doing something like this with a "single shot"
coil, but never with a conventional type coil.  I think this guy used a
sparkgap pressurized with hydrogen =:-0.  The Hindenburg comes to mind
;-)).

Questions, Comments, Flames, Etc. are encouraged.

Thanks,
Winston K.