Re: Lighting incandescent lamps with TC

> All,

> I was wondering how many of you have tried the
> experiment where you cause an incandescent lamp to
> glow from current coupled by induction, by connecting
> a wire loop across the contacts of the bulb.  I tried
> this using a flashlight bulb, wire loop and approached
> (as close as I dared without being tagged by
> streamers) my running 6" coil.  Nothing.  Not even the
> slightest glow from the filiment (spelling?).

	close.
	filament.  8)>>

> My coil is powered by one 12/60 NST.  I got even closer with
> the bulb to the point where plasma started streaking
> around inside it, but still no orange/white glow.  The
> wire loop was about 3-4 inch diameter and was 22 gauge
> insulated with gator clips that I just cliped onto the
> two contacts of the bulb.

	Lighting a filament (a demo Tesla used to do) I've
	not tried.  The physics are simple:
		need to get enough current into the filament.
	(Tesla used to use Very heavy copper, i've heard
	tales of bus bars....) to demonstrate that The Freqs
	are Different and the behaviour is different.)
	Random thoughts:
		Pick a LOW CURRENT lamp (measure them)
		Flashlight lamps are high current FOR THE
		EQUIVALENT WATTAGE.
		Try a multiturn coil.
		Fat Wire (current operated device).
		Build a series resonant circuit AT THE COIL
		freq?

> Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?
	Not enough current.

	(Filaments are very nonlinear.  Might be Just
	Under incandescence and Not Quite There.)

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge