Re: Toroid construction

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi Ed,

	I don't stretch the ducting out all the way first.  I leave it alone
(compact form), then bend it around whatever is going to be the center.
It stretches itself according to the size of the form, and the result is
very even.  This way it's also more ridged, and resists dents better
than fully stretched ducting.

	I don't use (not yet anyway) forms for my toroids.  I find it easier
just to bend them into a circle on a flat surface (concrete driveway).
I then put cinderblocks in four places around toroid, which keeps its
shape while I wrestle the ends together and attach them with 5 min
epoxy.  Sometimes the cinderblocks scuff the toroid up a bit, but it
makes no difference if it's going to be covered with Al tape.  I usually
sand the ends a bit to help the epoxy stick, too.

Good Luck,
Winston K.