Re: Toroid construction

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi Ed,

	Personally, I do cover my toroids with Al tape.  I file/sand/hammer
;-)) the joint down to the point of flushness with the rest of the
ducting.  Once covered with tape, the joint isn't visible.  I've heard
of people filling the ridges in with light weight spackling compound
before covering the toroid with tape, but I haven't tried it.  Maybe I
will next time.  Supossedly the result looks REALLY nice.

	Some people don't cover their toroids with tape, so it's just a matter
of preference.  I suppose a good tape job increases the breakdown
voltage a bit, and definitely makes it look better IMO.  I use a light
bulb to rub the seams of the tape down, a method I first saw on Greg
Hunter's site (I think).

Have fun,
Winston K.