RE: Where to get 4kv 20ma NST?

On 23 Sep 2002, at 11:17, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

> Well now, this sounds like a fun little competetion!  I've given up on
> claiming the GMHEICSLR cup.  11" is the best I can manage before my coil
> self-destructs (inter-turn shorts in the primary).
>
>    I'll try to dig up a 4/30 (I may have one already, IIRR, may be 6/30).
>
>      To keep it all sane, we should get a list of people willing to be
> involved, choose somebody to organize and judge the results (preferably
> somebody not participating), and set the rules.

> 1.  You must use a Franceformer 4020SE Open Frame transformer (4kV/20mA
> rated with 115VAC input and with
>     shunts installed)

The 115VAC input I can arrange (why on earth should Vmains make any
difference??). What's wrong with a 230V transformer running off 230V?
A transformer with a 115V primary and a Franceformer I cannot. I
guess I'm barred even from entering the starting gates.

Malcolm
<snip>