Re: Magnets

Tesla list wrote:

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> In a message dated 9/28/02 3:51:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>

> > Greetings,
> >
> > If I take the leads from my battery and hook them up to my coil, one end is
> > a north pole magnet and the other end is a sound pole magnet.  If I switch
> > the leads on the battery, one end is a south pole magnet and the other end
> > is a north pole magnet.  If I do this faster and faster and faster I get
> > "electromagnetic radiation".  I can't see where it stops being a magnet and
> > starts being an electromagnet.
> >
> > Regards,

	It doesn't stop.  As the frequency of the reversals gets lower and
lower the amount of energy radiated gets less and less, but there is
still some radiation.  Every electromagnetic wave is comprised of both
an alternating electric field and an alternating magnetic field.
Coupling loops (magnetic field generators) are used up to microwave
frequencies.

Ed