Re: Magnets

> Even static electrons have magnetic field due to the charged particles
> spinning on their axis (moving electric charge).

	Which dos not move the _charge_ (any more than a spinning
	top necessarily moves.)

> There is no net effect however because for each electron in an atom which
> spins clockwise another must spin anticlockwise (Pauli exclusion principle)
> so they line up in pairs

	If it happens to be an atom with an even number of
	electrons.  Roughly half the elements (Hydrogen fer one)
	have ODD numbers of electrons...

	(and we are getting a bit way from coiling...)

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge