Designing coil for use with Pole Transformer . . .

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Just finished building my 4" tesla coil, tuned well and producing 4 feet+
streamers from a 15kV, 60mA.  My previous problem had to do with the SRSG
not being tuned correctly.  Well, anyways, its time to move on.

I just acquired a 5kVA, 14.4kV Pole Transformer
120/240 Secondary
14400/29940y Primary
Non-CSP
No Lightning Arrestors
Two-Bushing

(free gift) and had the following questions??

1.  How does one properly design a primary tank circuit with these things?
I know the design approach is different than using a NST which has a set
output current.  Would I first design my ballast for some maximum current
and then do my design from there????

Any help appreciated.  Thanks!!!

Dan