Re: MOT Power Supply Questions

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 06:07 PM 31/03/03 -0700, you wrote:
 >Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

 >I'd like to build a MOT power supply and had a few questions.

<SNIP>

 >3. These MOTs will be submersed in mineral oil.  What type of enclosures
 >(readily available) have you guys had luck with?  Anything off the shelf
 >that works extremely well???

I went to WalMart and got a Tupperware tub and a plastic cutting board for
about $10.00 for both.  The board was a perfect fit in the tub and it held
four good sized MOTs with room to spare.  It took 1 gallon of oil to cover
the transformers completely.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody has survived it yet!"

Listening: 7,055, 147.030+, and 442.075+
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle