RE: Performance of MOTs - What is your longest arcs ? ? ?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Just curious to see what type of output they got with 4-stack MOT supplies.
I only ask because currently i can get up to
8ft streamers with my potential transformer (3.5kW) (6ft with previous
published test at 2.0kW).  If 10ft streamers are
obtainable with a 4-MOT supply, then it would definitely be pursuable.  I do
have a 3kVA and 5kVA pole transformer in the garage here, as well as a
Lincoln 220AC Arcwelder, but they are too heavy to haul around for
demonstration use etc... The 4-MOT supply seems like a lightweight
alternative if it actually has the power most claim it can put out!

The Captain