Re: MOT Power Supply Questions

Original poster: "Simonas by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rasim-at-takas.lt>

Yes, I was trying to connect low voltage transformer (~25V) to the primary,
and as I don't have scope, tried to find hot wire with standart voltage
indicator (neon one), but it was failure, i don't know why, maybe because
low voltage transofmer had ferite core, but indicator showed phases on both
secondary outputs..(and somehow it looked so harmless with only 25V input,
that I forgot carefullness and touched secondary wires with both hands..
ouch! ;) ~250V is not very pleasant ;)
anyway, thanx to all of you  for the advices, hope I'll find scope and get
this thing working in a month or so.. surely, I'll post my screams of joy
informing all about success and spark length ;)

Greetings from lonely coiler in Lithuania ;)