Re: First Magnifier construction

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Question: can this work at all? or am I trying something stupid by just
>rebuilding what I've seen sofar.
>Of course this won't be a high efficient setup, but maybe better than the
>normal 2-coil setup?

Christoph,

Building a magnifier is not very critical.  Magnifiers as they are
commonly built, don't offer any real efficiency benefit compared
to normal 2-coil systems.

Antonio has done some theoretical work which suggests that
a special magnifier design may outperform a 2- coil system,
but this is difficult to achieve, and has never been demonstrated
in a spark-producing coil.

John