Re: which setup produces longest sparks?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Simonas,

In work I've done, for a given input power, low bps--large bang, has
outperformed high bps--small bang size.  However at a low bps,
the toroid must be rather large to handle the large bang size.
With high bps-- small bang, the sparks will grow.... in other words
voltage is not the only key in a TC.  TC spark length seems to
depend more on the total input power rather than the output
voltage alone.

I have some info at my website at:

   http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

John